Malout’s First Online Directory
Submit Your Advertisement Now !
ABOUT MALOUT >>
Malout is a well known city of Punjab located in District Muktsar. Its population is about 1.5 Lakh. Malout is well known for its political background. Chief Minister Sardar Parkash Singh Badal village Badal is also situated in this District. It is also known for Agricultural Equipments and Car Bazaar. Its supply Agricultural Equipment to Rajasthan, Haryana & other States in India & Also Abroad. It’s car bazaar is very popular in Punjab. Thousand of Car are placed in the Car Bazaar every Sunday. People can buy any car of their Own Choice. So Malout has gained her name in this field. Except Car Bazaar Malout is also well known for Scooter, Motor-Cycle, Tractor, Jeep Bazaar etc.
As of 2001 India census, GR India Malout had a population of 70,958. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Malout has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 57%. In Malout, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Malout’s G.T.Road is 4 lane , Which is the proud of city. National highway No.10 New Delhi to Fazilka passes through the city. There is a lot of developments along the highway. Almost maximum of the business is set up along with the highway. It also communicate with the Neighbouring state like Haryana and Rajasthan. From here the boundary of Haryana is just 30 Km And the boundary of Rajasthan is just 65 km up to Sadhu wali. The boundary of our Neighbour country Pakistan is also near by it just at 45 Km. Now On Highway Over Bridge Build. Which is the Main Part of Malout.
HISTORY OF MALOUT >>
Malout city is 4-5 centuries old. The origin of the name of Malout city is disputed, but the most famous suggestions are the following:
- People of Maan cast founded a fort here, Kacha Kot, leading to popular name Mankot Nagar. With the passage of time people stated calling the city Manout and later Malout.
- After a popular wrestler (Mall) who was very helpful to people, so the name of this city became Maal-di-out then Malout.
- The British set up a base there to import and export stuff which Indians call normally Mal to Karachi. At that time this city was very famous as Mal out centre, so people started calling this city as Malout.
In 1917, the British government established the Bathinda – Karachi railway line, to transport the goods from this part of India to Karachi. Malout Railway Station was established on the line in 1918. Choudhry Harji Ram of Malout village, one of the richest persons of the time, established a new town near the railway station at west side, which was called Mandi Harji Raam. (Mandi means small town in Punjab).
With the growth of the area due to trading established by the railways network, other rich people wanted to establish their business base in Malout near the railway station. But Choudhry Harji Ram refused to provide them land in his area, leading to the new Malout establishment coming into existence on 19 March 1920. Under the leadership of Seth Thakur Das, traders from the nearby villages and town established another small town opposite the old town. A seven member committee purchased land of 100 Beghas of Shekhu villages with the cost of 1lac 40 thousand 163 Rs and 38 paisa, which was then divided in a planned and modernized way into shopping and residential areas.
On 17 November 1921, the District Commissioner of Ferozpur District, J. C. Koldsitrimiu, established large water storage and purification tank system in the town. This was the same day when the future King-Emperor Edward VIII came to this part of the India for survey. The new establishment was named in his honour as Edward Ganj Malout Mandi.
With the passage of time, the small town started growing and by the end of 1940 a post office, telephone exchange, guest house, rest house and graveyard Shamshan Bhumi were establsihedd. Because of high cotton cultivation many cotton factories and agricultural machinery industries came into existence in the city and the nearby village area and hence this area was recognised as the cotton capital of Punjab. Just to give more organised form to the association it was renamed the Edward Ganj Public Welfare association in 1942.